Quote Originally Posted by joseph3r View Post
I'm still in the process of getting my 2019 and 2020 state refund and no problems with the federal. The states likes to play games too. I've received notices of them "correcting" my returns. They will play their games and they will try to intimidate you. In my case after having a lengthy phone call with an auditor she told me to file a 1040x for both years and if the amended returns didn't resolve the issue that I'm entitled to have a hearing. I look forward to that hearing if the day ever comes. As of today my 2020 refund was completed and my 2019 is still "in process".

I created a cover letter that I had notarized that effectively put them in a box and if it's ok with Dave I'll attach it here or pm you. Be patient. Let them test your resolve and show them that you will not bend no matter how long it takes. It's rewarding in the end and confidence comes with competence.

Cheers
Yes please. Sanitize and attach, plus show a picture here.

People interested in my Lesson Plan are always looking for examples and encouragement but I really enjoy how new suitors on the brain trust develop their own understanding of Title 12 USC 411. I feel it works better for redeeming the mind when redemption works outward from the heart.

I am glad you are not taking the state games too seriously. It would seem if you get too drawn in, to the subsequently based state revenue system, the IRS attorneys watching use that for an excuse not to send the refund. Thank you for your patience. You are very encouraging.